Work with the IRRV
The Institute is the professional body concerned with all aspects of local taxation, valuation, appeals, financial management and local benefits administration in the United Kingdom. It has members within both the public and private sectors, including ratepayers and their agents.
Institute members are engaged in local taxation collection, property valuation, the appeals process, advising and representing ratepayers as well as financial management within local government. The Institute represents the professional interests of its members who work within this broad church.
It is the only professional body in the United Kingdom which specialises in the law and practice of local authority revenues and local taxation together with the appeals, reliefs and benefits which support these processes.
The Institute is reliant on practitioners to assist officers in delivering a wide range of services to those that work in the profession. To ensure high standards are maintained, the Institute is looking to increase the pool of practitioners that assist in the following areas:
- Author: Publications
- Consultant: Various Projects (i.e Health Checks, Reviews etc.)
- Contributor: Magazines
- Presenter: Webinars
- Speaker: Conferences, Professional Meetings, Workshops and Seminars
- Trainer: Training Courses
- Author / Tutor: Distance Learning
- Examiner / Moderator: Examinations
- Membership: Syllabus Review Committee and / or Qualifications Management Board
- Trainer: Apprentice Training Sub-Contractors
- Tutor: Day Release and Pre-Examination Courses
- Contributer to Consultation Documents / Discussion Papers
- Representation on Faculty / Association Boards
If you would like to contribute and / or require further information on any of the activities, please contact the Deputy Chief Executive, Gary L Watson IRRV (Hons) Gary.firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience.