Welcome to the Valuers Association
Welcome to the The Valuers Association
The purpose of the Valuers Association is to promote the study of all aspects of valuation of land, buildings, and interests in land, buildings and machinery and business assets and the best practice thereof; and to provide support to members of the Valuers Association in their professional activities whether in the UK or abroad, including the following subject areas:
- Local and national taxation, including law and practice;
- Promotion and opposition to schemes for the acquisition of land, buildings and interests in land and buildings under statutory powers to include infrastructure provision and sustainability;
- Assessment of compensation for the acquisition of land, buildings and interests in land and buildings or severance or injurious affection or disturbance in connection with the exercise of statutory powers;
- Funding of development schemes and investment matters relating to proposed and mature development schemes;
- Valuation of land and interests in land and machinery and business assets whether for statutory or other purposes;
- Landlord and Tenant matters;
- Valuations and methodologies of valuation whether for public sector or other purposes;
- Advice, through the Law and Research and Education and Membership Committees, on appropriate schemes for the advancement of the profession of and the professional education of valuers under the auspices of the Institute;
- Fostering constructive relations with public bodies and with other professional bodies concerned with valuation in the United Kingdom and overseas; and
- Research into the use of and support of electronic procedures in all valuation fields.
The Valuers Association fulfils its objectives by the following means:
- Publication of the “Valuer” magazine and other valuation-related publications;
- Promoting the Institute and its work through pro-active marketing and other suitable activities;
- Supporting and promoting the Recognised European Valuer designation of The European Group of Valuers’ Associations both for its own merits and as a means of recruitment to the Institute;
- Influencing and helping to make public policy in areas within its sphere of activity;
- Advice, through the Law and Research and Education and Membership Committees, on appropriate schemes for the advancement of the profession of and the professional education of valuation practitioners under the auspices of the Institute; and
- Provision of guidance and direction on valuation topics for conferences, meetings, seminars, webinars and other events.
The affairs of the Valuers Association are managed by the Valuers Association Board.
All comments and suggestions are welcome - please email us with your views at firstname.lastname@example.org