Scotland - Introduction to NDR
An on-line training workshop over two mornings
New dates coming soon.
Our course is suitable for both new or inexperienced staff wishing an introduction to the subject but are also highly useful for staff with greater local government experience but who wish a refresher on recent developments in Non Domestic Rates.
This course is always extremely well-attended and well-received and we have had further interest from a number of authorities and valuation staff requesting that we run another day like this on NDR. This fully updated course includes an overview of the recent legislative changes affecting NDR.
This course gives delegates an invaluable introduction or refresher to the administration of NDR in Scotland. It will be of interest to local authority staff and others, such as Sheriff Officers’ staff and recovery agents.
The programme includes:
- Basis of Charge (Uniform business rate; Supplements; Pooling arrangements)
- Valuation (Assessor; Valuation Roll; Rateable Values; Exemptions; Appeals; Revaluation)
- Assessment (Assessment Roll; Liability; Rateable Occupation; Appeals)
- Empty Property Rates (Charges; Exemptions; Subjects with no buildings)
- Reliefs (The Small Business Bonus Scheme; Retail Leisure & Hospitality; New & Improved Property; Transitional Relief; Charity/Sports Club/Non-profit Orgs; etc)
- Payments and Enforcement (Demand Notices; Instalments; Reminders, Services Notices; Summary Warrant; Decree; Diligence)
The course also covers topical NDR issues including forthcoming changes to Empty Property Relief, Rates Avoidance and the latest legislative updates affecting NDR.
COURSE LEADER : Kevin Fraser, Principal Officer (Local Taxes), Perth & Kinross Council
The Course Leader is Kevin Fraser, a past President of the IRRV Scottish Association and Chair of the Non Domestic Rates Practitioners’ Group.
£165 plus VAT IRRV Member Rate (valid for Individual Members)
£185 plus VAT Non- Member Rate
Special Offer: 3 for 2 for all Members
* Cheapest pass free. This offer is available to organisations sending 3 or more delegates and attending from the same organisation. Bookings must be made at the same time. At least one of the delegates must be a member of the Institute in order to receive this discount or alternatively, the organisation must subscribe to either the Forum Service or Organisational Membership Service.
For details on how to become a member click here. To subscribe to the Forum Service, please click here.
HOW TO BOOK
Click BOOK NOW button at the right of this page.
Enquiries can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 020 7691 8987.
Please note in order for your booking to be processed you must have a purchase order number.
PROGRAMME CHANGES AND CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING OF EVENTS
The Institute will make every effort to give delegates as much notice as possible of any programme changes or the cancellation / re-scheduling of an event. However, it does reserve the right to make changes to advertised programmes and to cancel / re-schedule events. In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled / re-scheduled, either a full refund will be made or alternatively, any fee paid will be credited against a future booking. The Institute will not be liable for any travel and / or accommodation costs incurred by the attendee should an event be cancelled / re-scheduled.
On receipt of the registration form with purchase order number the IRRV will issue a receipted VAT invoice at the prevailing rate. Payment must be received in advance of the event. The Institute reserves the right to refuse admission where delegate fees have not been paid.
Cancellations made 2 weeks before the meeting will be subject to an administration charge of 50% of the fee plus VAT. Cancellations after this date are liable for the full registration fee. A substitute delegate is welcome at any time at no extra charge.
To find out about sponsorship opportunities contact Sales on email@example.com Tel: 020 7691 8979.