An on-line training workshop over two mornings
New dates coming soon
This course takes delegates through the principles of council tax and will equip them to assess council tax charges correctly and to the correct charge payers. This course, which covers all aspects relating to assessment, billing and collection, gives delegates an invaluable introduction or refresher to the administration of Council Tax. It covers all changes to Council Tax legislation since its introduction in 1993. As well as having a firm grasp of these changes it is important to be mindful of previous legislation in order to correctly calculate retrospective charges.
The workshop is ideally suited to staff, whether providing front line information or updating liability systems, that are looking to enhance their knowledge of all aspects of Council Tax from how it is set to how it is recovered and all aspects in-between.
The course will be facilitated by Gordon Anderson (IRRV Dip) who has over 30 years’ experience working in Revenues and is a regular tutor for the Scottish IRRV Certificate qualification.
- Council Funding (Revenue Support Grant (RSG); Non Domestic Rates (NDR); Council Tax; Fees & Charges)
- Council Tax Charge (Basis of Charge; Valuation; Assessment; Water & Sewerage Charges)
- Valuation (Role of Assessor; Valuation Principles; Valuation Bands; Appeals)
- Council Tax Liability, Exemptions, Discounts, Disabled Reductions, Council Tax Reduction Scheme
- Demand Notices & Instalments
- Recovery and enforcement
£145 plus VAT IRRV Member Rate (valid for Individual Members)
£175 plus VAT Forum/Organisational Rate
£205 plus VAT Non- Member Rate
Special Offer: 3 for 2 for all Members
* Cheapest pass free. This offer is available to organisations sending 3 or more delegates and attending from the same organisation. Bookings must be made at the same time. At least one of the delegates must be a member of the Institute in order to receive this discount or alternatively, the organisation must subscribe to either the Forum Service or Organisational Membership Service.
For details on how to become a member click here. To subscribe to the Forum Service, please click here.
HOW TO BOOK
Click BOOK NOW button at the right of this page.
Enquiries can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 020 7691 8987.
Please note in order for your booking to be processed you must have a purchase order number.
PROGRAMME CHANGES AND CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING OF EVENTS
The Institute will make every effort to give delegates as much notice as possible of any programme changes or the cancellation / re-scheduling of an event. However, it does reserve the right to make changes to advertised programmes and to cancel / re-schedule events. In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled / re-scheduled, either a full refund will be made or alternatively, any fee paid will be credited against a future booking. The Institute will not be liable for any travel and / or accommodation costs incurred by the attendee should an event be cancelled / re-scheduled.
On receipt of the registration form with purchase order number the IRRV will issue a receipted VAT invoice at the prevailing rate. Payment must be received in advance of the event. The Institute reserves the right to refuse admission where delegate fees have not been paid.
Cancellations made 2 weeks before the meeting will be subject to an administration charge of 50% of the fee plus VAT. Cancellations after this date are liable for the full registration fee. A substitute delegate is welcome at any time at no extra charge.
To find out about sponsorship opportunities contact Sales on email@example.com Tel: 020 7691 8979.
IRRV Personal Membership £145.00
Forum/Organisational Member £175.00
Non Member £205.00