11 July, Virtual
10am - 3.40pm
This important seminar is designed to provide an overview of the requirements to address vulnerability in collecting revenues, both statutory and advisory.
The event will assist delegates in understanding the differing types of vulnerable person including medical terminology and behaviours. It will also assist delegates in their dealings, negotiations and information gathering, whilst also dealing with the very difficult issues arising from receiving a suicidal disclosure.
- Revenues Collection and Vulnerability – the legal background
- Definitions of Vulnerability
- Conditions and Characteristics of vulnerability
- Assessing Vulnerability
- Mental Incapacity
- Using I.D.E.A. with the vulnerable
- Vulnerable people and debt
- Independent Money Advice
- The Bristol University research into Collector attitudes towards mental health and vulnerability
- Using B.R.U.C.E. in Mental Health awareness and the collection process
- Using T.E.X.A.S for collection staff dealing with the vulnerable
- Effective use of Signposting
- Update on L.G.O. cases concerning the treatment of vulnerability
- Using Emotional Intelligence in difficult situations
- How to handle suicidal disclosures using B.L.A.K.E.
- Supporting staff following difficult phone calls
- Assessment of learning
The course is designed to be interactive and promotes sharing of knowledge and best practice. Timings are indicative and are subject to change on the day.
COURSE LEADER : Dave Chapman
Dave Chapman is former IRRV National President (2012/13) and Marston Holdings Client Relationships Director. Marston Holdings were winners of Excellence in Enforcement at the IRRV Awards 2017 and Excellence in Training and Development 2015, for their approach and understanding of vulnerability in both staff training and service delivery.
£145 plus VAT IRRV Member Rate (valid for Individual Members)
£175 plus VAT Forum/Oragnisational Rate
£205 plus VAT Non- Member Rate
Special Offer: 3 for 2 for all Members
* Cheapest pass free. This offer is available to organisations sending 3 or more delegates and attending from the same organisation. Bookings must be made at the same time. At least one of the delegates must be a member of the Institute in order to receive this discount.
For details on how to become a member click here. To subscribe to the Forum Service, please click here.
HOW TO BOOK
Click BOOK NOW button at the right of this page.
Enquiries can be made by email to email@example.com or by telephone 020 7691 8987.
Please note in order for your booking to be processed you must have a purchase order number.
PROGRAMME CHANGES AND CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING OF EVENTS
The Institute will make every effort to give delegates as much notice as possible of any programme changes or the cancellation / re-scheduling of an event. However, it does reserve the right to make changes to advertised programmes and to cancel / re-schedule events. In the unlikely event of an event being cancelled / re-scheduled, either a full refund will be made or alternatively, any fee paid will be credited against a future booking. The Institute will not be liable for any travel and / or accommodation costs incurred by the attendee should an event be cancelled / re-scheduled.
On receipt of the registration form with purchase order number the IRRV will issue a receipted VAT invoice at the prevailing rate. Payment must be received in advance of the event. The Institute reserves the right to refuse admission where delegate fees have not been paid.
Cancellations made 2 weeks before the meeting will be subject to an administration charge of 50% of the fee plus VAT. Cancellations after this date are liable for the full registration fee. A substitute delegate is welcome at any time at no extra charge.
To find out about sponsorship opportunities contact the Conference Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 020 7691 8974.
IRRV Member £145.00
Forum/Organisational Member £175.00
Non Member £205.00